Convention & Banquet May 6-8
The CSCAA Convention and Awards Banquet returns to the Hilton Hotel Orrington in Evanston for 2018. Current speakers include:
- Keynote: Carter Cast
- Russell Mark, USA Swimming
- Steve Krojo, Prana Yoga
- Tim Selgo, Athletics Staffing & Consultants
- Carol Capitani, Texas
- Bob Bonn, AD Carthage College
- George Kennedy and Toni Armstrong, Baltimore Leaders
- Drew Johansen, Indiana University
- Dennis Pursley and Jonty Skinner, Alabama
- Katie Hazelton, Pitt
- Eddie Reese, Texas
- Dani Korman, MIT
- Scott Donie, Columbia
- Dave Salo, USC and Bob Groseth, Queens
- Steve Bultman and Tanica Jamison, Texas A&M
- Peter Linn, Eastern Michigan
- Dan Tudor, Tudor Strategies
- Kevin Kinel & Bob Kallay, Swim Hero
- Katie Knappenberger, Northwestern Nutrition
- Abby Steketee, Northwestern
- Todd Peters, Minnesota State Moorhead
- Sean Tedsco, USMMA
- Peggy Ewald, Ohio Northern- USA Paralympic Swimming
As speakers are confirmed they will be added here. Registration and hotel information will be available in October. Your registration includes admittance to the 58th Annual CSCAA Awards Banquet and all receptions.
Coach Academy - May 5-6
The role of coach on a college campus has changed, requiring a greater skill set for success than ever before. The Coach Academy provides professional development experiences to help improve off-deck skills, provide alignment between coaches' goals and their institutional missions along with tactics to build alumni and recruiting networks.
- Bob Bonn- What Your AD Wants
- Bill Wadley and Wally Morton- Alumni Engagement
- Dan Tudor- Mission Driven Recruiting
- Becky Burleigh and Celia Slater- Communication and Team Development
- George Kennedy and Toni Armstrong- The Effective Coach
Limited in size, the Coach Academy is ideal for head and assistant coaches. Learn More
*Staffs of two or more coaches who register together will receive a $125 credit towards Coach Academy registration.
Women in Coaching Forum - May 9
The Women's Coaching Forum will focus exclusively on professional development for female coaches. You will learn from thought leaders in the industry about steps you can take to advance your career.
The Forum will be moderated by Celia Slater of TrueNorth Sports and Becky Burleigh, of “What Drives Winning” and focus on moving women forward. There will be multiple sessions that will include an opportunity to look at and shape coaches philosophical beliefs on their programs, Round table discussions after each session that will focus on action steps for careers, panel discussions with AD’s and Fortune 500 company recruiters about hiring process and expectations, panel discussions with some of our top women in coaching, statistics and conversations with Dr. Nicole LaVoi- a leading researcher from the Tucker Center of Research for Women and Girls in Sport and ending the day with a networking social for all coaches. This day of discussion and collaboration is critical to the future of women coaching in our sport. Please join us for a what promises to be an exciting day of working together to change the face of swimming and diving!