This is a 10-month, full-time position responsible for assisting the head coach with all phases of the men’s and women’s swimming program in a manner compatible with department and University philosophies.
Assist the head coach in the following primary responsibilities:
· recruitment of prospective student-athletes
· coaching, mentoring, and retaining student-athletes
· in-season practice and meet planning; out of season conditioning
· compliance with NCAA Division II, GLVC, and University rules and regulations
· team travel arrangements
Additional secondary responsibilities may include:
· grant-in-aid recommendations
· academic integrity;
· alumni, community, and media relations; fund-raising;
· and any other duties as assigned.
Additional duties will also include teaching assignment within Health and Exercise Science department.
Required qualifications include: A bachelor’s degree; demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; and collegiate, USA/YMCA club, or high school coaching experience. Also must be able to travel for competition and recruiting with most travel occurring evenings and weekends.
Preferred qualifications include: master’s degree, collegiate swimming experience, and knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules. To apply:
Please go to our website to apply: https://secure.truman.edu/positionlisting-s/staff.asp. Submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for at least three references, and academic transcripts.
Truman State University is a highly selective, public, liberal arts and sciences university and is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC). Review of applications will begin June 5, 2015, and continue until the position is filled.