Bethany College is a national liberal arts college located on a beautiful historic 1,300 acre mountaintop campus in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia, 39 miles from Pittsburgh. The state's oldest private college, Bethany offers a wide array of B.A. and B.S. programs in more than 25 fields of study and a Master of Arts program in Teaching.
Bethany College is seeking qualified applicants for the full time position of Head Swimming & Diving Coach. This position will report to the Director of Athletics and Recreation. Duties will include all aspects of conducting a competitive intercollegiate swimming & diving program. The successful candidate will also have a significant secondary assignment within the College.
• Practice and meet preparation
• Recruit and retain academically and athletically qualified student athletes
• Monitor and evaluate academic performance of student athletes
• Manage the recruiting and operating budgets of the program in accordance with all Bethany College policies
• Coordinate fundraising efforts for the program in accordance with all Bethany College policies
• Maintain collaborative working relationships with administrators and coaches in department, the College, the Center for Enrollment, the Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations and other constituents interested in the programs
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree, a valid driver's license and previous coaching experience. Preference will be given to candidates with a master's degree and experience coaching at the intercollegiate level. Knowledge of and adherence to Bethany, NCAA Division III and Presidents' Athletic Conference rules and regulations are also required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. US citizenship or a valid work visa is required for this position. Start date will be immediate.
Letters of application along with resume and list of references can be submitted electronically to email@example.com.