Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving/Aquatics Director in coaching, recruiting and supervising the swimming & diving program and the aquatics function while providing an educational environment which enhances the development of the whole student-athlete. Will assist in fundraising activities for the program and department including the hosting of swimming & diving events and rentals. Teach physical education courses and help manage a departmental administrative responsibility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the director and head coach in the leadership and direction of the program in the following areas: organize practice sessions; participate in the preparation of student-athletes for competition; supervision of student-athlete academic progress; provide positive guidance to students away from practice and competitions; and overall program development.
• Teach physical education courses.
• Help recruit prospective student-athletes committed to academic and athletic excellence.
• Establish and maintain a positive public relations image for the program, the department and WPI .
• Serve as a role model for student-athletes on campus and off campus.
• Develop good rapport and/or working relationship with students, department members, faculty and alumni.
• Adhere to WPI departmental, NCAA and university policies.
• Assist in all fundraising activities including hosting aquatic events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Previous coaching and teaching experience; competitive collegiate experience is strongly preferred.
• CPR certificate, first aid certificate preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
Posting Date: 10/03/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/910624
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.