North Central College is seeking candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Teams. The successful candidate will be organized, outspoken, dedicated and knowledgeable in the world of College Swimming. Previous college swimming experience or college coaching preferred. Job duties will include but not limited to:
1. Develop prospective student-athlete leads via a multitude of formal and informal sources (internet, USA swimming competitions, local high school swim meets, word of mouth).
2. Develop an in-depth understanding of swimming and diving at North Central College, and be able to communicate this to prospective student athletes.
3. Facilitate recruiting trips for prospective student-athletes
4. Act as a liaison between the athletics and admissions departments in regards to a prospective student-athlete’s recruitment/admissions process.
5. Plan and create apparel designs, organize the apparel ordering process for current student-athletes.
6. Track necessary paperwork and meetings required of student-athletes by the NCAA, College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, and North Central College.
7. Write and lead practices.
8. Assist in the writing of competition recaps for North Central College’s Sports Information Department.
9. Organize and execute plans for competition set-up, transportation, and travel needs.
10. Post approved content on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, and LinkedIn for cross-platform branding and exposure.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned, which contribute to the effective operation of the North Central College Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program.
Valid drivers license is required.
Interested candidates can email Head Coach Mark Schmitt email@example.com for more information on the position.