Serves as Head Coach, Swimming & Diving. In addition, serves as Aquatics Coordinator with responsibility for the overall operation of the swimming pool and pool programming including training and scheduling of lifeguards and other aquatic personnel.
• Administers the Swimming & Diving Program and coordinates all related activities, to include recruiting, scheduling, practice sessions, and equipment purchases.
• Counsels students on general and sport-related matters. Refers students to appropriate sources, when necessary.
• Establishes and maintains relationship with regional and national athletic associations related to swimming and diving.
• Develops and maintains liaison relationship with Health Services, Campus Life, Student Activities, and other appropriate departments, to facilitate program development.
• Establishes relationship with faculty and develops ongoing system of communication.
• Works to foster a positive relationship with alumni and parents to maintain connection with the College.
• Responsible for the coordination of Babson College varsity swim meets.
• Develop and oversee a comprehensive aquatic schedule.
• Initiate aquatic programming for the campus community based on demand and current industry trends.
• Promote and establish rental opportunities with the external community.
• Hire and supervise student and part-time lifeguards, this includes development of training and in-service opportunities.
• Develop and maintain an operations manual for the pool.
• Responsible for a portion of a budget ($1 – $250,000) and/or for monitoring and assisting with budget preparation and record keeping.
• Examines and secures all team uniforms and equipment at conclusion of season. Coordinates storage with Equipment Coordinator.
• Responsible for all overseeing inventory and maintenance of pool related equipment (i.e. lifeguard supplies, pace clocks, scoreboard, touch pads, starting blocks, diving boards etc.).
• Maintains compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC, Babson College, and Athletic Department rules, regulations and policies.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 1-3 years of experience
• Current safety certifications (CPR/Lifeguard/First Aid) required or must be obtained by September 1, 2016.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to communicate by telephone
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather required; ability to travel; and light lifting required (50 pounds and under).
• Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities:
• CPO certification is preferred. Additional certifications may be required depending upon aquatic programming.
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.peopleadmin.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9vv2ph98qx