The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics invites application for a part-time graduate student to work with our NCAA DIII Men’s and Women’s swimming program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach with recruiting, practices, scouting,game day activities, equipment inventory and care, organizational planning and player development, and management.
Additionally you must follow Athletic Department Policy and Procedures, provide positive leadership for student-athletes by example, know and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, annually pass the NCAA Coach’s Certification Exam, and perform additional duties as assigned.
- You must be accepted into Marymount as a graduate student
- You must be registered for at least 6 graduate credits during any semester in which you are awarded a GA position.
- For current students, graduate GPA must be at least 3.0. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified
- Must have your Lifeguard Certification
- Prior playing and/or coaching of collegiate swimming.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding or familiarity with Hytek meet management system.
- Water polo knowledge or experience.
- Academic record and community/professional service will be considered in decision-making
- Accepted students enrolled full-time are given preference over part-time students
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Ability to work in office software package programs and be experienced with managing social media accounts.