James Madison University, a Division I member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is seeking a Women's Diving Coach to work within a highly competitive program. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
The Women's Diving Coach will:
- Manage the diving portion of JMU Swimming & Diving in coordination and under the guidance of the head coach consistent with the goals of the university and shared goals/vision of the staff.
- Engage in professionally responsible and values-based coaching to nurture, lead and develop the complete high-achieving student-athlete academically, athletically and socially.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the sport of diving and coaching strategies to develop talent to NCAA caliber and CAA champion level athletes.
- Develop a recruiting plan to identify and recruit successful student-athletes whose talents and abilities align with the goals of the university, Athletic Department, and Swimming and Diving program.
- Recruit, retain and graduate academically successful student-athletes throughout their tenure at James Madison University.
- Work and communicate effectively with administration, support staff, alumni, other programs' coaches within this and other university athletic departments.
- Exhibit and practice a knowledge, understanding, and application of all NCAA, CAA and JMU rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's or other advance degree preferred.
- Experience as a collegiate athlete.
- Successful experience as a diving coach. Division I college coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to be a positive role model, leader, teacher, and coach through previous experiences.
- Demonstration of proactive, effective and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills along with the ability to work with diverse groups, coaches, administrators, staff and students.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certified subsequent to hiring.
- Previous experience creating and implementing a college recruiting plan is preferred.
- Functional computer and social media skills.
- Commitment to always represent JMU and the program in the highest professional manner.
To view the full posting and apply go to JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number 0407348.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7xvqyj2yy