Oakland University Assistant Men’s/Women’s Swim Coach
Oakland University in Rochester, MI is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Men’s/Women’s Swim Coach for Athletics Administration.
To assist the Head Coach in administering all aspects of an educationally sound and competitive Division I men’s and women’s swimming and diving program, within the rules and policies of the NCAA, Conference, and Oakland University. Assist the Head Coach in developing the program’s student-athletes academically and athletically, and in creating a positive, first-class experience for the student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years coaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to promote a positive and creative workplace.
- Ability to perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA, conference and University rules, regulations, ordinances, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency in use of HY-TEK Meet Manager/Team Manager software and Colorado Timing Systems.
- First Aid, CPR, AED and Safety Training Certifications.
- Master’s degree.
- Collegiate coaching experience, preferably at the Division I level.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of all aspects of collegiate swimming.
- Proven ability to recruit elite student-athletes regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively to promote the program and Oakland University Athletics.
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
This is a full time, Individual Contract position, which requires some evenings and weekends. Compensation commensurate with education and experience. First consideration will be given to those who apply by May 16, 2016.
Must apply for this position online to: https://jobs.oakland.edu
For more information on Oakland University's salary structure and fringe benefits, please go to our website at www.oakland.edu faculty & staff benefits and compensation. Oakland University, as an equal opportunity institution, is committed to compliance with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination. Oakland University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, height, weight, familial status, marital status, disability, creed, sexual orientation, veteran status and other prohibited factors in employment, admissions, educational programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints may be addressed to Oakland University, Director of Inclusion/Intercultural Initiatives. Department of Inclusion/Intercultural Initiatives, 203 Wilson Hall, Rochester, Michigan48309-4401.