About Sacred Heart University:
Sacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 70 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., and satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. More than 8,000 students attend the University's six colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; University College; the Jack Welch College of Business; and the Isabelle Farrington College of Education. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides Best 379 Colleges 2015 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best 296 Business Schools 2015 Edition. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU among the best master's universities in the North in its annual "America's Best Colleges" publication. SHU fields 32 division I athletic teams and has an award-winning program of community service. www.sacredheart.edu
For additional Sacred Heart University news, please visit http://www.sacredheart.edu/aboutshu/news/.
The assistant coach has considerable secondary responsibility in successfully developing a solid roster of quality students that will represent the University in a positive way in the community; at the same time supporting and encouraging a community outreach attitude in advancing of the university Strategic Plan.
- Assist and support in the promotion of the educational values of athletics consistent with the educational values of the University as outlined and promulgated in the University and Athletic Department Mission Statement
- Assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of a recruiting and retention program directed at developing a competitive Division I intercollegiate program.
- Provide input and suggestions for specific communications strategies that will assure the success of the above, i.e., clean and professionally drafted recruiting letters, professional home visit presentations, well-organized campus visit itineraries, etc.
- Supports the head coach in ensuring the program is following the rules and regulations of the NCAA.
- Monitors the eligibility status of team members in cooperation with Athletics Compliance Coordinator and the academic officials of the University.
- Oversee the training and conditioning of team members.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two to three years coaching experience as a graduate assistant or assistant coach at the intercollegiate level or swimming at the intercollegiate Division 1 level.
- Potential for developing good organizational skills with a solid sense for developing the infrastructure for an effective recruiting system.
- Good communication skills, a positive motivator.
- Impeccable integrity with a working knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations.
Must have fundamental athletic skills to teach and supervise as directed by the head coach.
Please apply online, faxes and emails will not be accepted.
As an AA/EO employer, Sacred Heart University strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.