Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Athletic Communications, this full-time,
12-month position is responsible for all phases of coaching a varsity swimming program, including sport instruction, administrative duties, recruiting, budget management and purchasing, equipment inventory and maintenance, and hiring and supervising assistant coaches. Additional duties include program management, fundraising, planning and scheduling practices, games, transportation, meals and public relations. Athletics personnel must follow all NCAA and SSC legislation. Rollins considers coaches to be teachers inasmuch as student athlete instructors, and academic credit is earned for sport participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s preferred
- Three to five years of related coaching experience
- Proven record of integrity, high principles, and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes both academically and athletically
- Valid driver's license/clean driving record
- Significant knowledge of and demonstrated success in varsity swimming coaching and student athlete recruitment and retention
- Excellent teaching and motivational skills, preferably at the collegiate level
- Ability to work effectively in the environment of an academically demanding liberal arts institution and abide by all NCAA Division II, Sunshine State Conference and institutional policies
- General knowledge of sports medicine guidelines
- Current CPR, AED and first aid certification as required by the NCAA
- Certified pool operator license
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is a highly selective, comprehensive liberal arts college with approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation’s most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins is Florida’s oldest recognized college. For the 20th consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Rollins among the top two regional universities in the South and first in Florida in its annual ranking of “America’s Best Colleges.”
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution, and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Interested candidates must apply online through the Rollins' employment website at www.rollins.edu/careers.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.