Assistant Swimming & Diving Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Position Status: Temporary/Contract Positions
Part time position from September through April responsible for the oversight in training, implementation and performance tracking to promote the Varsity Swimming and Diving program's goals. Must work within the framework of proper development, teamwork, character and knowledge under the provisions of a WPI based learning experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with the Head Coach to develop, promote, train and track the performance and development of assigned workout group(s).
• Implementing and maintaining a standard of performance consistent with the University and Athletic Department’s goals of academic and athletic excellence.
• Assisting with the planning and coordinating of both on and off campus student-athlete recruitment activities.
• Providing assistance in scheduling practices and meets and communicating those schedules to departmental personnel as required.
• Working with department and facilities staff to set up for and take down after all contests held in the swimming pool.
• Conducting all programs within the set guidelines of the NEWMAC and NCAA .
• Working with the Head Coach to develop, promote and pursue avenues of fundraising and alumni development.
• Minimum qualifications include at least a high school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred); previous coaching experience including at least 5 years of life guarding experience; and a thorough knowledge and conscientious adherence to the rules and regulations of the NCAA , a familiarity with Hy-Tek’s TEAM Manager and MEET Manager programs and the ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
• Valid driver’s licence
Posting Date: 08/02/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/855236
WPI, the nation's third oldest private technological university, established in 1865 by New England industrialists John Boynton and Ichabod Washburn consists of 80 acres set in a safe, residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts—the second largest city in New England—home to 13 colleges, and situated 40 miles west of Boston.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.