The Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Level 3 swim team has an immediate opening for a strong, energetic, and dynamic leader as Head Coach for our growing USA swim team. Located in Eastern Iowa along the beautiful Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa our membership of 240 year-round athletes spans all competitive levels from novices to Junior National qualifiers. Having gone from a mainly age group team to having recently produced 8 Division 1 swimmers, 4 junior national swimmers and 1 high school girl’s championship title.We are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all age, skill, and competition levels. The Piranhas were formed in 2010 through the merger of two long-standing USA swim teams, the Bettendorf Swim Club and the Pleasant Valley Stingrays. We are the largest USA swim team in the Quad Cities area. The mission of the Piranhas is to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competitive swimming as an aspect of that sport. We strive to empower every swimmer, regardless of age or ability, to reach his or her highest personal potential, both as an athlete and as a person
1. Oversee a growing program with 240+ swimmers that meets the needs of novice, competitive and elite swimmers.
3. Strong organizational skills. Manage assistant coaches, attend board meetings, LSC meetings, and perform other administrative functions such as site management/site scheduling.
4. Lead, inspire and mentor coaches & athletes and seek and embrace new/state of the art coaching techniques.
5. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, the board of directors, the high school swim coach and USA swimming communities.
6. Embrace the concept of a community dedicated to excellence at ALL levels; a strong balance between technique and distance, strong communicator and outstanding track record of mentoring, training and placing staff.
1. Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with current
Certification and clear background check.
2. ASCA Certified level 3 minimum.
3. A minimum of 5 yrs. of coaching experience w/prior Head Coaching experience strongly preferred.
4. Solid competitive swimming background with focus on technical expertise and experience coaching swimmers of different ages.
5. Strong passion for swimming that allows for a strong communicator and positive motivator – both athletes and parent organization.
6. Strong organizational management and computer skills; must be
able to fulfill administrative functions required to operate a USA Swim Club.
7. Working knowledge of Hy-Tek Team Manager/Meet Manager.
8. CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training.
9. 4-year college degree preferred.
10. Compensation: Salary will be based on experience and qualifications in the range of $40,000 - $50,000
Applicants that wish to be a part of a successful, growing team should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including 3 references and a one-page statement on coaching philosophy and management style to Jenny Staver at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are in strict confidence until a final contract and candidate’s release from previous obligations are complete. Must be able to start in August.