Product Tester / Analyst – Part-time Opening
TYR Sport’s Product Tester/ Analyst will represent the voice of the athlete by informing and inspiring TYR’s product creation team throughout the life cycle of product development. In addition to using, testing and reporting on product viability, the Product Tester / Analyst will build relationships with athletes to gain further product insight.
Job Description and Functions:
· Manage the evaluation of fit, function, and durability for all TYR product categories.
· Test TYR products by swimming with, and performing any other relevant athletic activities, while using the product.
· As a result of testing, provide feedback for all product components.
· Test and use competitor products and provide feedback as it relates to TYR product development.
· Plan and execute dynamic and long term product tests tailored to meet specific criteria.
· Share athlete insights and feedback with product teams to influence and inform the design/development direction.
· Work directly with design and development teams to identify which product elements work well and which elements do not work well.
· Provide reliable recommendations to design, marketing, and development teams.
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative data throughout individual tests and program timelines.
· Research with project teams, outside of testing, to help educate on current marketplace and athlete trends.
- Female professional swimmer – Collegiate level or higher - Swimsuit size 26-30.
- Consistently maintain the aesthetics of a professional, competitive female swimmer, including body measurements and proportions, according to company standards.
- Ability to define and track product standards for multiple product lines.
- Ability to record and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to foster new relationships and research opportunities to find new testing resources.
- Excellent listening, written and spoken communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Regularly participates in swim competitions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Part time schedule will be within company business hours (M-F, 8:30a – 5:30p)
Qualified applicants: Please apply with your resume, a cover letter, which will exhibit your excellent communication skills, along with your desired pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job ID PTref.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station, TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Companywide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive a yearly apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
Founded in Huntington Beach, CA by swimwear designer Joseph DiLorenzo (current owner) and 1972 Olympic Bronze Medalist Steve Furniss, TYR Sport was established in 1985 to provide the competitive swim market with vibrant, performance-driven prints. Since its inception three decades ago, TYR has grown to exist as one of the world’s most recognizable swimming and triathlon brands.
With global distributors and an international following, TYR remains dedicated to building the industry’s most durable, uniquely designed swimsuits, cutting edge equipment and innovative caps and goggles. On a relentless path to push the limits of sportswear we not only reimagine technologies for enhanced competitive performance, but also embrace lifestyle markets to accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level.