The Black Hawk Area Swim Team is looking to hire a Full Time Senior Coach with the possibility of advancement. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our Senior swimmers while in line with the BLAST Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website). BLAST trained 220 swimmers last winter and our numbers continue to rise. We currently have 1 Junior National qualifier, 4 Futures qualifiers, and 16 Sectional qualifiers at the senior level.
· Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices with knowledge of stroke/skill technique in accordance with the Head Coach/Program Director and Senior Coaching staff.
· Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and BLAST policies and procedures.
· 5+ years swim coaching experience and current swim coaching certification.
· Establish a local presence and reputation within ISI, the Central Region, and USA Swimming via clinics, volunteering, etc.
· Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
· Current certification in CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
· Proven success coaching all levels.
· Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity.
· Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
· Capability to develop talent at all levels.
· Desire to increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years and increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
· Ability and desire to develop into a Head Coach/Program Director.
· Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Current ASCA Membership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Assist the Head Coach/Program Director in all areas as/where needed, when necessary.
· Submit all written practices to Head Coach/Program Director.
· Coach all Senior group members (or others designated) at all meets.
· Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
· Responsible for implementing/enforcing any and all rules or guidelines as outlined in the Team Handbook.
· Ensure proper communication pertaining to Senior groups and parents including weekly group communications.
· Attend all staff meetings.
· Determine Senior group members’ events for meet entries and submit/approve entries by team’s registration deadline.
· Must be able to show unwavering support and the belief in program structure as a whole, the philosophies of the Head Coach/Program Director, and be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
How to apply:
Send resume with at least three references along with salary requirements to Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com
Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com
4222 Veralta Drive, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613