Missouri State University, a Division I member of the NCAA and a member of the Missouri Valley Conference (women’s team) and Mid-American Conference (men’s team), is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program including coaching, recruiting, training, coordinating team travel, assisting with administrative duties and performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Strong organizational and communication skills are expected. Experience with intercollegiate swimming and diving program is desired. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, MVC, MAC, University and departmental rules and regulations.
1. Assist with the development of practice materials and lead practice accordingly under the direction of the head coach.
2. Assist with travel plans, planning and coordinating program events.
3. Provide leadership to facilitate academic and personal success for the team’s student-athletes.
4. Assist with other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
1. Must meet all requirements outlined in the Graduate Assistantship contract.
2. Swimming and Diving coaching experience is preferred, but not required.
3. Excellent communication, organization, and leadership skills required.
4. Computer literacy with an emphasis on spreadsheets preferred.
5. Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
6. Required to work up to 20 hours per week.
7. Report to work two weeks prior to the beginning of fall semester; report one week prior to the
beginning of spring and summer semesters.
1st year Fall & Spring semesters (9 month position)
2nd year With positive review
Send Official Graduate Assistantship Application and Resume to:
Missouri State University
Swimming and Diving, Hammons Student Center
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897