Adams State University (NCAA Division II) is seeking applications for the position of Head Coach/Women’s Swimming. Responsibilities include: organizing, directing and administering a competitive swimming program in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference. Further responsibilities include monitoring academic success, recruitment, skill development, scheduling, public relations/community involvement, fundraising, summer camps, budget management as well as other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with high ethical standards and will require the same of staff and student-athletes.
· Demonstrated successful coaching experience, with at least three years of collegiate coaching experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field required, a bachelor’s degree in a non-related field with extensive coaching experience will also be considered;
· Master’s degree preferred;
· Knowledge and willingness to learn and then exhibit a strict adherence to NCAA, RMAC and university rules and regulations.
· Demonstrated experience in recruiting quality student-athletes is required.
· Adams State values diversity and inclusion. Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse population of student/athletes.
· Candidate must recruit, maintain and develop a high level of academic success, citizenship and moral character in the student-athletes.
· The ability to fundraise, perform well in community/campus relations is also required as part of the overall ability or organize, direct and administer a competitive program.
· The candidate must be a person of integrity with high ethical standards.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member in the community, on campus and within the department
· Ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Compensation will be in accordance with qualifications and experience. This position is a 12 month at-will appointment. Official transcript required prior to appointment.
Note: Official transcripts will be required prior to appointment. Adams State University is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks on persons offered positions at the college prior to employment as described in the background check policy, available at the following web site:
In compliance with the Immigration Control Act of 1986 candidate for positions must provide proof of eligibility to work before an officer of employment can be made final.
Adams State University performs background checks as a condition of employment for prospective employees and current employees seeking certain promotional opportunities. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of an acceptable background check. Applicants will be asked to provide personal data and sign a release form before the background check is conducted. Applicants who fail to provide the data and consent form will not be considered for employment or promotion. Background checks include review of criminal records and sex offender registry background. Credit and driving record background may apply to certain positions.
Adams State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications are sought from all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability, and, as covered by law, veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation including transgender status and gender expression, marital status, and parental status.
The university is dedicated to fostering Inclusive Excellence, the recognition that the university’s success depends on valuing, engaging, and including the rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, and administrators. Given the university’s mission and student body composition, the department is actively seeking qualified applicants who have experiences, skills, and/or personal attributes that reflect perspectives that can further broaden our students’ educational experience. We will give preference to qualified applicants with experience in ethnically diverse settings, who possess varied language skills, or who have a record of research that supports diverse communities, or a record of teaching a student population that includes historically underrepresented groups and other at-risk populations. Additional information about the university and the department may be found at www.adams.edu/academics/.
Complete Applications will include:
(Please submit electronically)
- Letter of application
- Resume (Official transcript required prior to appointment)
- Names/address/phone numbers of three references specific to this position
Send applications to:
Adams State University
Review of complete applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Adams State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Located in Alamosa, Adams State University is a state-supported institution in the San Luis Valley of south-central Colorado located two and a half hours north of Santa Fe, NM and four hours south of Denver, CO. The university is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution and as a regional education provider.