The head coach for swimming and diving is a full-time position. Alma College is a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) and the NCAA Division III. The position will oversee all daily aspects of the sport and will participate as an active member of the Athletics Department. This position will also oversee lifeguarding activities.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2017
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 4 years coaching experience at the collegiate lever or demonstrated successful head coaching experience at the high school or club level
- Knowledge of NCAA Divisions III and MIAA compliance and conference rules
- Educational background and expertise to teach college level courses
- Ability to work weekends and evenings, along with travel
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively to various groups and individuals
- American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard Certification
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to fulfil essential functions of the position
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of application that addresses the skills required for the position, a résumé, an Alma College Employment Application and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and nature of relationship of four (4) professional references via email to: Sarah Dehring, Associate Athletic Director/SWA, Athletics Department, Alma College, email@example.com. For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.