Assistant Swimming Coach
To assist the head coach in the administration and operation of the swimming program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the NCAA, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Assist the head coach of swimming in planning, organizing, and directing all activities involved with a Division I swimming program to include:
- Recruiting, in accordance with University policies and procedures, swimmers who can successfully compete on the Division I level.
- Planning and conducting on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits.
- Planning and executing off-campus evaluations of and visits with potential student athletes.
- Assisting in organizing and administering a year-round swimming program.
- Assisting with all home meets and coordinating with departmental operations staff in the conduct of home meets.
- Encouraging and actively monitoring the academic progress of team members.
- Assist in the development and implementation of seasonal, cyclical, and weekly plans for conditioning, skill development, and competitive preparedness of team members.
- Conducting dryland and aquatic practice activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA rules.
- Developing a familiarity with and operating recruiting and compliance software.
- Operating and monitoring team website and social media.
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC, and University rules and regulations.
- Participating in departmental activities to include potential service on committees and attendance at all schedule meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree. Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, senior age group level and /or equivalent professional experience.
Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
PLEASE APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK IF INTERESTED: