Anticipated Start Date: 10/02/2017
Salary: $12.00 per hour for up to 350 hours or work
California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is seeking applications for a part-time assistant coach of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. Caltech is an NCAA Division III institution and member of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) located in Pasadena, California.
The Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, is responsible for assisting in the: coaching and teaching of students, meet and practice preparation and execution, and compliance with NCAA and conference rules/regulations.
· Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
· Must secure and maintain a valid driver license during employment.
· Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
· Knowledge of NCAA and SCIAC rules and regulations.
· Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate attendance and other informational record keeping.
· Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of relevant experience.
· CPR, AED, First Aid certifications.
· Collegiate swimming experience.
· Organized coaching experience.
· Teaching through digital images; creating and using emerging technologies.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Please submit an online application for posting number 16661SP through Caltech Human Resources at https://jobs.caltech.edu/postings/6134.
Caltech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.