OPENING DATE: March 2017
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 10 months
START DATE: July 1, 2017
Standard contract date of August 15th-June 15th
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS:
Our Vision: To be the team to beat in NCAA Division III sports with the most formative athletic experience in the country.
Our Mission: To provide a competitive experience that breeds athletic excellence, academic success and Christ-like character.
Our Values: Christ-centered community, high respect for the sport, relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity in all things, self-discipline for success, total commitment to team.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually. In athletics, our mission to take the student athlete and foster them in a competitive environment so that when they leave campus and head into the world, they are high achievers who expect excellence in all they do. Our hope is that through athletics, young men and women learn essential life skills that prepare them to be Christ followers and world changers.
George Fox University is seeking a proven winner who is prepared and excited to launch men’s and women’s intercollegiate swimming. In addition to a sustained and consistent level of coaching success, the ideal candidate for head coach will be a person of integrity, a spiritual leader and a source of inspiration to student-athletes, fans and alumni.
· Launch what will become a nationally prominent men’s and women’s swimming program that will contend for conference, regional, and national honors.
· Recruit talented, high caliber student athletes who perform in the pool and in the classroom as well as contribute to the mission of the university
· Manage a roster of at least 50 student athletes
· Lead fundraising efforts in support of Bruin Athletics
· Adhere to the stated philosophy and established guidelines set forth by George Fox University, NCAA Division III, and the Northwest Conference
· Oversee and manage assistant coaches
· Manage practice schedules and program budgets
· Schedule travel arrangements for team
· Oversee home meet management
· Work closely with CPRD for facility scheduling and maintenance
· Collaborate with university Admissions, Sports Marketing, Student Life, Academics and Alumni & Parent relations to ensure that student athletes are fully integrated into campus culture
· Administrative and/or teaching responsibilities
· Master's Degree preferred, coupled with extensive experience managing/directing swim meets
· Successful coaching and recruiting experience required, preferably at the collegiate level
· Extensive knowledge of swimming required, including strong familiarity with NCAA rules and guidelines
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
· Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
· Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
· Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
· Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
BENEFITS: Vacation and sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
TO APPLY: Apply only through the following link https://georgefoxstaff.applicantpool.com/jobs/141780.htm