DEPARTMENT: Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt (10 Month, August - May)
The Assistant Swimming Coach assists the Head Swimming Coach manage the daily duties of a NCAA Division II swimming program. This position is responsible for adhering to NCAA, GLVC and William Jewell College policies and procedures.
Assist the head swimming coach with:
· Planning, organizing, and directing all activities involved with a Division II swimming program.
· Recruiting, in accordance with college policies and procedures, swimmers who can successfully compete at the Division II level. Planning and conducting on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits. Planning and executing off-campus evaluations of and visits with potential student athletes. Developing a familiarity with and operating recruiting and compliance software.
· Assisting with all home meets and coordinating with departmental operations staff in the conduct of home meets.
· Assisting with all planning of team travel to away meets. Completing travel rosters online of those traveling in compliance with William Jewell College policies.
· Encouraging and actively monitoring the academic progress of team members.
· Assist in the development and implementation of seasonal, cyclical, and weekly plans for conditioning, skill development, and competitive preparedness of team members.
· Conducting dryland and aquatic practice activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
· Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA rules.
· Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
· Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, GLVC, and college rules and regulations.
· Participating in departmental activities to include potential service on committees and attendance at all athletic department meetings.
· Working with sports information on developing the team media guide.
· Planning and supervising the swimming lesson program.
· Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment, travel required. Evening and weekend work required. Physically able to lift
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, age group level and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
- Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill, Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.