Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Number: 10-352
Open Date: April 24, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting Resumes
Send Resume To: Careers@duq.edu
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of the women's swimming and diving program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Displays an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic-10 and Duquesne University regulations;
· Demonstrates a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes;
· Supports the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department;
· Provides student-athletes with appropriate on deck coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction
· Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university's academic standards
· Manages alumni relations and organize community service events for the program
· Assists in maintaining Tower Pool, manage and schedule lifeguards, supervise pool scheduling;
· Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials,
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
The successful candidate will have earned a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited institution, certified pool operator license, and previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable for this position or related experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but are not limited to the following: A thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required; A demonstrated expertise in coaching women's swimming; ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is a fundamental competency; strong communication and interpersonal skills are required; strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred; lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and USA Swimming Certified Coach; Hy-Tek Meet and Swim Management software knowledge is required.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Please send a letter of application describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Career@duq.edu.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer