Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach, Marymount University
Reporting to the Aquatics Director/Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach will:
• Assist the Head Coach with coaching, recruiting, scouting/strategy and practice planning.
• Teach stroke technique
• Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.), and support player development and assist with roster management
• Assist with management of team budget and equipment planning
• Be responsible for team social media accounts
• Help with the planning and organization of camps and clinics, community based swim programs, and lifeguard training courses. Also includes assisting with hiring and managing pool staff.
• Follow Athletic Department Policy and Procedures.
• Provide positive leadership for student-athletes.
• Know and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Exam annually.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Lifeguard training instructor certification
• Safety training for swim coach certification
• Current CPR/First Aid certification
• Valid drivers license
• Familiar with NCAA rules and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Collegiate coaching experience in competitive swimming
• Experience teaching swim programs
• ASCA Level 3 preferred
• Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with students, coaches, staff and faculty
• Proficiency in HyTek and Dakronics timing system
For more information, contact Mike Clark: email@example.com or apply online at http://www.marymountjobs.com/postings/3767. Please include a cover letter and a list of three references with your application materials.