Open Date: April 24, 2017
Apply at: https://jobs.sewanee.edu/postings/2055
Primary Function: Assist head coach with planning, organizing, and directing one of the University-sponsored athletic programs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in techniques and fundamentals of the respective sport.
2. Organize and execute effective team practices and coaching under the direction of the head coach.
3. Assist head coach with student-athlete assessment.
4. Identify, evaluate, and encourage application and acceptance of student athletes in accordance with University, NCAA, and SAA policies and regulations.
5. Assist Aquatics Director in all pool operations (staffing, training, coordinating the cleaning of pool, and chemical balancing on the water).
6. Assist in meet administration.
7. Participate in speaking engagements for the Sewanee Club and support community initiatives.
8. Instruct students in one or more physical education courses.
9. Perform collateral departmental duties, as required, such as intramural coordination, event management or coaching a secondary sport.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field
Experience: 1-3 years coaching experience at high school or collegiate level or experience competing as an athlete at the collegiate level. Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations
Job Related Skills: Knowledge of HY-Tek software, and functional knowledge of Excel, Word and Google Documents. Also, knowledge of how to use social media to promote the men and women’s swimming and diving programs.
Licenses/Certification: Valid Tennessee Driver’s license; NCAA Compliance certification
Working Environment: Work is performed in office environment with significant amount of time spent either outdoors on playing fields, in pool area, or other athletic facility as specific sport(s) requires.
Significant travel required for recruiting and competition.
University Information: The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
EEO Statement: The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.