The Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Level 3 swim team and has an immediate opening for a strong, energetic, and dynamic leader as Assistant Head Coach for our growing USA swim team. Located in Eastern Iowa along the beautiful Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa our membership of 240 year-round athletes spans all competitive levels from novice to Junior National qualifiers. Having gone from a mainly age group team to having recently produced 12 Division 1 swimmers, 4 junior national swimmers and 1 high school girl’s championship title, we are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all ages, skills, and competition levels. The Piranhas were formed in 2010 through the merger of two long-standing USA swim teams, the Bettendorf Swim Club and the Pleasant Valley Stingrays. We are the largest USA swim team in the Quad Cities area. The mission of the Piranhas is to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competitive swimming as an aspect of that sport. We strive to empower every swimmer, regardless of age or ability, to reach his or her highest personal potential, both as an athlete and as a person. Most recently PSC finished 4th (Senior) and 6th (Age Group) at the Iowa Swimming Championships, the selected candidate will work closely with our current Head Coach to continue our recent progress.
1. Help oversee a growing program with 240+ swimmers from the novice-national level.
3. Strong organizational skills. Manage assistant coaches, LSC meetings, and perform other administrative functions. TeamUnify experience is required.
4. Lead, inspire and mentor coaches & athletes and seek and embrace new/state of the art coaching techniques.
5. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, the board of directors, High School coaches, and USA swimming communities.
6. Embrace the concept of a community dedicated to excellence at ALL levels; a strong balance between technique and distance.
1. Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with current
Certification and clear background check.
2. ASCA Certified level 2 minimum.
3. A minimum of 3 yrs. of coaching experience with prior Head Age Group experience.
4. Solid competitive swimming background with focus on technical expertise and experience coaching swimmers of different ages.
5. Strong passion for swimming that allows for strong communication and positive motivation.
6. TeamUnify and Meet Manager experience preferred.
7. CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training.
$25,000-30,000 Yearly Salary
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Insurance Stipend
- Relocation Assistance- Determined on distance of move.
Applicants that wish to be a part of a successful, growing team should send a brief e-mail detailing your interest in the position, a resume, and 3 references to Head Coach Joe Hroma at email@example.com . All submissions are in strict confidence until a final contract and candidate’s release from previous obligations are complete. The search will continue until the right candidate for the position is found. We will be taking applications through May, but the earlier the start date the better. Our program is willing to wait until August if necessary.