HEAD COACH - MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SWIMMING AND DIVING
Vacancy #: 983001
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Athletics Director and/or Sport Administrator designee, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Oversight and administration of all aspects of the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program with a priority on the development and well-being of the student-athlete, academic success and competitive excellence grounded on the athletics department creed (mission) and code (core values).
- Hiring, instructing, supervising and monitoring coaching staff and Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving designated administrative staff with the goal of assuring attendance at regularly scheduled compliance coaches meetings and full compliance with NCAA, University and conference policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Planning, organization and execution for coaching duties for all practice sessions and competitions to include evaluation of opponents and the development of a successful game plan.
- Planning, organization and execution of recruiting activities and responsibilities to comply with the university's policies on the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Development and communication of team rules, policies and guidelines in compliance with UNC System, University, athletics department NCAA and conference by-laws, policies, guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Overall management, supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes participating on the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program.
- Foster academic values and maintain program integrity by supporting, abiding and enforcing all academic guidelines and policies of the university and athletics department with oversight and development of Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program academic expectations that contribute to the academic achievement and progress toward a degree of the student-athletes.
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of three years collegiate swimming and diving coaching experience also required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
NCAA DI men's and women's swimming and diving collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see "Application Types Accepted" below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983001 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=85609