Boise State University invites interested applicants for the position of Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach. The successful applicant will become part of our team as we build a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. This position will be responsible to help run and maintain a Division I program through recruiting, on-deck coaching, scheduling, monitoring academic progress, budget management, fundraising, as well as promoting the sport throughout the University and local community. This position will require a strong, working knowledge and understanding of NCAA, Conference and Institutional rules and regulations.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist the swimming coaches in the daily activities of running a high level Division I swimming program.
- Catalog videos for swimmers and coaches to review for technical meetings.
- Assist with the administration of practice, including timing and helping the coaching staff implement exciting and vigorous training sessions.
- Assist in planning for team travel, equipment ordering and learn about the complexities of team operations. Travel to competitions with team and staff and help in meet day operations.
- Help organize and run the Boise State University swimming clinics in conjunction with local Treasure Valley swimmers. This includes the opportunity to work with Masters Swimmers as well. Assist coaches in marketing and administration of camps and clinics and learn more about the necessary functions of camps and clinics for Olympic Sports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: This is an unpaid position that offers the applicant a chance to be a part of the defending Mountain West Champion Boise State Staff, while gaining exposure to and experience in Division I Swim Coaching.
If you are interested in this position: Please submit a letter of application indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment) and three professional references with contact information. Application materials should be emailed to Jeremy Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
About the Department: http://www.broncosports.com
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please go to http://policy.boisestate.edu.