Assistant Coach – Men's & Women's Swimming and Diving
· Assist head coach in all aspects of developing and maintaining a competitive swimming and diving program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference.
· Teach and Coach student athletes with on deck responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach
· Evaluate and recruit qualified student-athletes to the University of Minnesota whose athletic skills make them highly competitive in the Big Ten and NCAA, and whose academic abilities make them good candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduation from the University of Minnesota.
· Perform administrative responsibilities including required compliance forms, meet registrations, assistance with travel and meet site logistics, and others as assigned by the Head Coach.
· Provide opportunities for student-athletes to develop life and leadership skills.
· Assist in monitoring the academic performance of student-athletes to help them achieve full potential.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships within the athletics department, the University, community, booster clubs, alumni, high school coaches, club coaches, media and the general public.
· Represent in a positive fashion the University and its athletic programs in private and public forums.
· Commit to adhering to all rules and regulations of the Department, the University, the Big Ten Conference, and the NCAA.
· Assist in advancing the department's mission, vision, and strategic plan including its commitment to equity and diversity.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Demonstrated ability to recruit highly talented student athletes to the NCAA Division I level
· NCAA I/NAIA college coaching, USA Swimming Member coaches and a minimum of 3 years
· USA Swimming Coach Membership
· Excellent computer and communication skills
· Successfully pass NCAA recruiting exam upon hire
· Master’s degree
Please click here to see the posting and apply on the University website or search using the Job ID 317474.