Date of appointment:
August 1, 2018
The Athletic Department at St. Cloud State University is seeking applications for an adjunct (part-time) Head Diving Coach during the 2017-18 academic year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Student-athlete recruitment: Ability to identify prospective student-athletes (PSA), assess talent, build relationships, and guide PSAs through initial eligibility process.
- Coaching: Ability to plan practices, teach strategy, advance individual skills, enhance strength and conditioning, scout opponents and engage in video review with individuals and team; ability to motivate individuals and team in pursuit of top performance.
- Player development: Ability to provide academic support and personal mentoring through individual and team meetings.
- Fundraising: Ability to plan alumni and fan events and cultivate donor relations.
- Day-to-day operations/transactions: Ability to manage budgets within allocated parameters, complete administrative transactions in a timely manner, and engage in departmental communication with various staff to support program and student-athletes.
- Scheduling: Ability to develop competitive schedule and organize logistics for team and recruiting travel.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Compliance: Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA, Conference, Institutional policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by head coach or director of athletics/designee.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of comprehensive duties of collegiate coach.
- NCAA off-campus recruiting certification or ability to gain certification immediately
- Experience in organizing, marketing and promoting various fundraising and team events
- Evidence of the ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Evidence of a valid driver’s license, or ability to acquire a legal driver’s license or qualify for a reasonable accommodation
- Minimum 4 years college diving coaching experience.
Appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
To apply for this position, please continue the process at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins June 13, 2017; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Search Committee Chair: Holly Schreiner
St. Cloud State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at SCSU is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102