The Assistant Women’s Swimming Coach is a twelve month position (75% appointment) and will be responsible for successful execution in planning, developing and administering all phases of the women’s swimming coaching and recruiting program. All duties and responsibilities are governed by state, federal and university policy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Recruit, evaluate, and build communication with prospective student athletes;
· Assist in budget preparation and administration;
· Compliance with all NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and institutional rules;
· Monitor academic progress toward degree;
· Assist head coach with fund raising & alumni development
· Assist head coach in practice and competition;
· Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.);
· Provide positive leadership for student-athletes;
· Perform additional duties as assigned;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of NCAA, Missouri Valley Conference and University rules;
· Knowledge of budgeting processes;
· Ability to work nights and weekends with extensive travel.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree with intercollegiate coaching and/or swimming experience, preferably at the Division I or II level.