Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA.
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, including on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Athletic Training staff. Assist in the planning and administering of the off-season training program, as requested.
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, to include consulting with the Director of Academic Support in Athletics, the Director for Compliance and other University administrators to resolve problems.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponent teams and assists in designing game plans and strategies. Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility, as well as personal conduct and appearance.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes, to include both class and study hall attendance.
- Assist in maintaining statistics, as requested
- Interfaces with game officials, as requested
- Participates in public relations activities, as approved, to include granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances.
- Assist with planning and coordinating approved fund raising activities, as assigned.
- Assists with budget preparations, as requested. Operates within approved budget allocations.
- Assists with the development of schedules for practice and competition, as assigned.
- Assists in coordinating team travel arrangements, as requested. Travels with the team and monitors the conduct of student-athletes.
- Interface with the Equipment Manager to ensure that necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events.
- Monitor the condition of equipment. Request repairs or replacement, as necessary.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions and camps, as approved.
- Represents the Department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events, as requested.
- Coordinates team transportation needs that require University and/or Departmental vehicles.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Understands and signs Academic Admission Policy Form.
- Comply with NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.