About California State University, East Bay
California State University, East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, California State University, East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 13,800 students, California State University, East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
Cal State East Bay is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The Cal State East Bay Athletic Department sponsors 15 Intercollegiate sport programs. CSUEB is a member of the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) which has won 152 NCAA championships in its 75-year history, the most of any Division II conference.
About the Position
● Help foster a team culture that is focused and driven to succeed academically and athletically, while servicing the community.
● Assist in planning and implementation of practice, competitions, travel, equipment, paperwork and any other administrative duties set forth by the Head Coach.
● Recruit prospective student athletes in compliance with college policies and procedures
● Monitor the academic progress and development of student-athletes
● Conducting and supervising athletically related activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
● Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
● Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
● Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
● Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology or related field.
● Current First Aid, CPR and AED training.
● Competitive coaching background.
● Must have a strong commitment to safety and welfare of student-athletes.
● Ability to work on weekends, evenings, and odd hours.
How to Apply
E-mail letter of interest, resume, and list of references to Shane.Pelton@csueastbay.edu
Head Coach, Women’s Swimmg