Assistant Coach / Swimming and Diving
(Hiring for this position is contingent on the availability of funding)
Main Campus, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Non-Faculty Full time
Reg FT w/Benefits
Assists in aspects of the recruitment process from inception to completion, including the development of recruiting plans, targeting potential student-athletes for recruitment purposes and making recommendations. Be involved in all aspects of meet management and assist the head coach in managing and coaching the team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Acts as assistant coach for a particular athletic team.
2. Acts as supervisor/head coach representative in the absence of the head coach.
Make independent decisions, using sound judgment, while acting in the best interests of the student-athletes and the university at all times.
3. Active in the entire recruitment process. Research and identify prospective student-athletes and make recommendations to the head coach regarding those potential student-athletes in consideration for acceptance with a specific team. Target potential student-athlete populations, formulate a plan to attract those student-athletes to the school, and initiate recruiting trips.
4. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and total well being of the athletic program.
5. Assists head coach and be fully involved in the organization and preparation of practice and meet plans, and the implementation of strength and conditioning schedules.
6. Monitors the academic progress of student-athletes to comply with NCAA and Sunshine State policy, and take appropriate action.
7. Represents the university and the department in community events.
8. To be responsible and abide fully with the NCAA's constitution, operating bylaws and administrative bylaws for the purpose of compliance, and which will be part of an employee's performance evaluation criteria.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be certified in CPR and have a basic knowledge of first aid in the absence of an athletic trainer.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Equivalent combination of education and experience equal to at least five (5) years.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years competing and/or coaching experience at the high school, club or collegiate level.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Master's degree.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?