Position Title: Graduate Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming
Division: Intercollegiate Athletics DII
Wage Class: Salaried, Exempt
Reports To: Head Coach
General Description/Primary Purpose
Lenoir^Rhyne is an NCAA D II school and a member of the Bluegrass Conference located in Hickory, NC. We are located between Charlotte, NC and the Appalachian Mountains.
The responsibility of a graduate-assistant is very demanding. Time management is an essential component. The GA will be required to spend time on the deck implementing practice sessions (20 hours a week), time spent traveling with the team to competitions, and numerous hours helping with recruiting. The GA will be a primary liaison between the student/athlete and the Head Coach. The GA’s ability to model time management skills, a good work ethic, and a positive attitude are paramount.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1. Assisting the Head Coach in planning, organizing, administering, and coordinating the Swimming program.
2. Assisting in the recruitment of Top level, Division II student/athletes
3. Assisting with practice/competitions/and meetings; enforce team policies and rules
4. Assisting with fundraising and community involvement; assisting the Head Coach with performing other job-related duties as assigned.
5. Supervise study hall sessions and academic progress. This includes visiting study hall sessions, check the students have logged in appropriate hours.
6. Assisting with outfitting and inventory management.
7. Travel arrangements; primarily food and hotel arrangements.
8. Recruiting; assist during recruiting weekends throughout the year, communicating on a regular basis with potential recruits, and updating our NCAA IRL.
9. Assisting with any undisclosed activities for the team not previously mentioned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Competitive Swimming experience
Excellent computer Skills
Coach Paul Schiffel
Head Coach Lenoir^Rhyne University
Ph. 828-256-6600 (H)