Pacific Lutheran University, a private, liberal arts institution located in Tacoma, WA, seeks applications for a men’s and women’s assistant swimming coach. The Assistant Swimming Coach will assist with all aspects of the men’s and women’s swimming program as assigned by the head coach and actively participate in the recruitment of student-athletes.
Strong leadership and motivational skills are required; a record of integrity and the ability to inspire student-athletes to perform at a high level is essential; and a willingness to advance the goals and mission of Pacific Lutheran University while adhering to the rules, policies, and regulations established by PLU, the Northwest Conference, and the NCAA DIII is critical.
Qualifications for the position include:
1) Bachelor’s Degree required
2) Collegiate swimming experience preferred
3) 1-3 years of successful high school, club, and/or college swimming coaching experience preferred
4) First Aid (FA), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), & Lifeguard Training certifications preferred.
5) Pay is up to $15,000, depending on time worked.
Additional information about Pacific Lutheran University can be found at
Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send Resume, Letter of Interest, and Names and Contacts for 3 References to Head Coach Matt Sellman at: