This is a tremendous opportunity to build your education, grow in the sport of swimming and as a person, while experiencing all that New York City has to offer. This 8 month position offers on campus graduate housing, tuition remission, and an hourly pay stipend. The hours with the team are flexible enough to have a great work – life – student balance.
1. Assist the Head Coach in the day to day running of a Division I swim program.
2. Practice and meet preparations
4. Oversight and development of student-athletes.
5. Strength in knowledge of swim related technology (esp Colorado and Team / Meet Manager,
6. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
Strong work ethic
Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team
Collegiate swimming and coaching experience desired.
Knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations
1st Aid / CPR / Lifeguarding (or Swim Coach Safety)
20 hours per week.
Must be physically fit and pass a physical.
Early morning and weekend hours required.
Travel during swim and recruiting season
Please send resume and 2 letters of recommendation to Head Coach Matt Donovan