The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with all facets of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving program. The primary emphasis for this position is the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, and to uphold the rules and regulations of a competitive NCAA Division III program. This is a full-time position with benefits.
· Practice and meet coaching
· On and Off campus recruiting
· Practice and meet scheduling
· Assisting with team travel
· Ensuring compliance with all NCAA, SAA and Hendrix College rules and policies
· Other duties assigned by Head Swimming and Diving Coach
· Bachelor's degree required.
Preference will be given to the candidate with collegiate swimming and/or diving experience and who can demonstrate a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes that fit the academic profile of the current student body.
· The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with faculty and staff, as well as other members of the College community.
· The chosen applicant will be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education along with the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student –athletes.
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references at https://goo.gl/hA6RAz
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: