Youth Aquatics Managing Director will control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. This position will be the highest ranking manager in the organization, outside its officers, and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader, able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Very strong crisis management skills will be essential.
The goal of the position is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives, and does not diverge from its strategic and operational guidelines. Weekly tasks will include, but are not limited to: correspondence with clients, lessons scheduling & session organization, partner correspondence and maintenance, lead generation and outreach organization, independent contractors and all potential groups. New pool partnerships will be under a Profit Share Agreement finalized upon hiring with the CEO/Founder.
Current partnerships include Millennium Tower & InterContinental Boston.
The Managing Director is also required to provide private swim lessons at Millennium Tower downtown to building residents. ~10 hours of lessons per week and will be additional hourly pay ($25 per hour) to salary.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Executing Youth Aquatics business strategies and implementing comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement
- Management & assignments of business administrative assistant, intern & all swim instructors
- Oversee all client invoicing & reporting
- Weekly & quarterly reports on scheduling, swim lessons and revenue
- Managing client inquiries and lead inquiries
- Updating all relevant weekly and quarterly reporting for Officers and CEO
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank positions to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Self-starter and motivator. You will not succeed in this position otherwise
- Background in swimming, previous experience providing swim lessons to children
- Proven experience in communication skills and business management
- Adaptive, calm and can take charge
- Highly organized and dependable
- Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 to 3 years experience in a communications position or equivalent
- Sociable networker
- Customer service experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Hospitality, Communications
- Full Time
- Salaried $35,000 - $45,000
- Additional Extra Hourly Work: $25 per hour in swim lessons (up to 10 hours per week)