BASIC PURPOSE: To assist the Head Coach in all phases of conducting the intercollegiate Swimming & Diving program at Assumption College including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, practice and game planning and implementation, academic supervision, and fund raising.
1. Adheres to the purpose and accountabilities of an assistant coach, and performs duties as assigned by the Head Coach in relation to coaching the team.
2. Assist the Head Coach in organizing, supervising, coordinating and evaluating practice sessions, games and conditioning programs with the purpose of guiding and instructing student/athletes.
3. Assist in monitoring the academic performance of the student-athletes in the program.
4. Adhere to all NCAA, Northeast-10 Conference and Assumption College standards, rules and regulations.
5. Participate in recruitment program of prospective student/athletes.
6. If assigned duties include off-campus recruiting, must annually successfully complete the NCAA Recruiting Exam.
7. Assist in scouting activities for the program.
8. Participate in selected special College events such as: Student/Athlete Candlelight Service, Hall of Fame Dinner, First-Year Orientation, Student/Athlete Awards Ceremony, College Admissions activities, etc.
9. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Coaching experience, preferably at the college level.
* Valid driver's license.
* Competency with current technology.
* Interacts with student/athletics, other college administrators, parents, and representatives on and off campus.
* Maintains regular contact with members of the team.
* Strongly encouraged to participate in the college sponsored driver certification program.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
* Work may, on occasion, involve exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
* Moderate physical activity.
* May require physical effort including lifting up to 25 pounds and some extended periods of standing or walking
Please be sure to submit your cover letter addressing qualifications for this position along with your resume.