The Dive Coach is responsible to assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach with the daily operation of the diving program and the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach recruits, retains, supervises, and coaches student-athletes, under the stated philosophy of FAU Athletics, C-USA, CCSA and NCAA guidelines.
The Assistant Coach will actively participate in practices and competitions, including, but not limited to, meet preparation (including developing strategies and meet plans), practice planning, skill and video sessions (including working individually with, advising, and critiquing student-athletes to develop and improve their skills), scheduling, weight training, fitness programs and academics; as well as community service projects, and fundraising.
The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 3 years of coaching and/or playing experience, preferably at the Division I level
· Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate diving
· Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes
· Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques
· Ability to create a database for all prospects, recruiting software database experience preferred
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
· Proficient in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications.
· Available weekends and evenings
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record; must be insurable
· Background check completed as a condition of employment with FAU
A review of application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
If interested, please email:
Lara Preacco, Ph.D., Head Coach Swimming & Diving– lpreaccoatfau.edu