As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating undergraduate students for productive lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse and interconnected world. Its more than 2,100 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Assistant Swimming Coach reports to the Head Coach of swimming and diving. The primary tasks are to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the program including: plan practices and training strategies for Swimmers; meet day responsibilities and assist with recruiting as need.
· Assist the Head Coach in developing and conducting organized practices
· Assist the Head Coach with game day responsibilities
· Assist the Head Coach in counseling student-athletes in a positive manner and serving as a positive role model to all SU students on a daily basis
· Assist the Head Coach with recruiting student-athletes in the sport of swimming /diving
· Adhere to all NCAA, conference and University rules and regulations
· Develop positive rapport with athletics staff, as well as the entire SU community
· Represent the university to various constituents in a professional manner
Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Must have the energy and enthusiasm and mobility to actively coach the sport.
Bachelor’s Degree, plus evidence of positive attitude and the ability to get along well with others required. A valid driver’s license is required. Coaching or playing experience in the specific sport is desired.
View a complete job description and apply for this position at: http://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1242