Job Title: Tactical Athlete Coaches with an emphasis on Running, Swimming or Strength & Conditioning
Location: San Antonio, TX
Selected coaches will prepare military students in: Running, Swimming, Strength & Conditioning, and other required military physical training. This will include guidance and application of physical preparation and training techniques for the Physical Screening Test, to include but not limited to swim stroke development with and without fins, water confidence, running training, weight training, and calisthenics.
The Coaches will provide instruction and preparation to students at military facilities in San Antonio, TX. The persons selected for these positions will have daily contact with junior Air Force personnel. As such, they must adhere to the highest standards of conduct in their interface with these airmen, and understand the student/instructor relationship, the duties of the coaches, and provide the experienced, professional, administrative and technical support required to achieve the desired degree of student preparation to accomplish program goals.
The coaches will be required to maintain a high degree of personal fitness and lead by example in this area. One of the primary duties involves administering the Physical Screening Test (PST) to all applicants. Therefore, the coaches shall maintain a level of fitness to inspire applicants. *Coaches will be required to pass a physical screening test to include: 500 yard swim, sit-ups (2 min. minimum of 48), Pushups (2 min-minimum of 40), Pull-ups (min.6) and a 1.5mile timed run (12:00 or less). Failure to pass the physical test will result in termination from the program.
• B.S. or B.A. degree with focus in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or related field. Four years of equivalent experience working in a closely related field may be substituted for the educational requirement.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills within your discipline (Running, Swimming, S&C) and the ability to effectively teach them in a group or personal setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coach candidates in multi-modal energy system development.
• Strong writing and verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Job requires teaching various academic classes to include: nutrition, mental performance, flexibility, and other courses with fitness in mind.
Ability to work in a fast paced, non-traditional work environment, subject to frequent interruptions, and perform in rugged outdoor environments when necessary.
• Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
• Run Coaches: Collegiate level or higher competitive running experience, or high level competitive experience with a USA Running sanctioned Club/Team.
• Swim Coaches: Collegiate level or higher competitive swimming experience, or high level competitive experience with a USA Swimming sanctioned Club/Team. Level 3 American Swimming Coach (ASCA) Certified
• S&C Coaches: Collegiate level or higher competitive experience, with one of the following certifications: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Cross-fit Level 3 trainer (CF-L3), Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with Distinction (RSCC®*D) is desirable.
We offer very competitive salaries for the industry and have excellent benefits to include: Matching 401k Plan, Stock Options, Profit Sharing Plan, Group Health and Dental Plan, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Life Insurance, two weeks PTO plus 10 paid Holidays.
If interested, please forward resumes to email@example.com