The Department of Athletics at the Lock Haven University is now accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Coach for the Women’s Swimming program. The Graduate Assistant Coach candidates should have knowledge of competitive swimming. The graduate assistant will also be expected to represent Lock Haven University and LHU Athletics as follows:
- Attend all regularly scheduled departmental meetings as their schedules permit
- Consult with the head coach and/or appropriate administrative staff in conducting the day-to-day business of the sport
- Maintain a team approach and embrace the athletic department’s mission, vision, and core values
- Teach and develop the life-long attributes that athletics has identified as important to develop within each LHU student-athlete
- Maintain a daily schedule that is reflective of the scope of their GA coaching responsibilities
- Promote a strong athletics program and represent the University and LHU Athletics at the highest level of character and integrity
- Contribute in a positive way to University life and the local community
In accordance with Act 153 of 2014 (HB 435), appointment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, Act 34, Pennsylvania Criminal Record Clearance; Act 151, Child Abuse Clearance; and Act 114, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks. Appointment is provisional for a single 90 day period provided the “Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form” and verification of your application for the three background checks are returned to Deana Hill, Associate VP for Human Resources.
Lock Haven University is profoundly dedicated to cultural diversity and supports the integration of diverse and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. To learn more about diversity at LHU and in our community, visit our website at http://lockhaven.edu/hr/socialequity.html
A career at Lock Haven University (LHU) is a distinctly unique and exciting opportunity. We encourage and support diversity and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is located in central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River and the picturesque Bald Eagle Mountains. LHU is one of fourteen universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
To see the full posting and apply for this position, please go to https://jobs.lhup.edu/postings/4077