Graduate Assistant - Women's Swimming
The University of Mary Women's Swimming program is seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant. This is a part-time, exempt position. The Graduate Assistant for Women's Swimming supports the head coach in all aspects of the swimming program. The position will assist in travel planning, recruiting, practice planning, meet management, public relations, scheduling, out-of-pool activities, player communication, and other duties as needed.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Coordinates recruitment, setting up visits and follow-up meetings with potential student athletes
· Assists with developing our student athletes with skill development, academic, social skills, etc
· Assists with meet preparation, community events, travel, other office duties as assigned
This position also includes:
· Graduate Tuition
· A stipend is provided
· A partial meal plan is provided
· Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate Studies at the University of Mary
· Must support higher education in a Benedictine tradition
· Bachelor's degree required
· Working knowledge of NCAA rules, standards, practices, and procedures
· Must have knowledge pertaining to competitive swimming and be able to demonstrate and perform duties in the pool
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills
· Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
· Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.
· Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the office of Athletics and throughout the university in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ.
In keeping with the University’s strategic plan Vision 2030, this position requires thoughtful commitment to the University’s unique philosophy of collegiate athletics (please see http://www.umary.edu/SportAtMary). Candidates will want to demonstrate clearly in their application materials both an ability and a willingness to understand and champion this vision, which is the bringing together of sport and true virtue.
University of Mary Marauders Athletics
The University of Mary is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and offers nine varsity sports for women and eight for men. U-Mary became an active member of the NCAA in 2007. The process took only three years after the NCAA waived the final two provisional years, making the University of Mary’s transition to active membership one of the quickest in the organization’s history. The Marauders began competing in the NSIC in the fall of 2006.
Athletics at the University of Mary began in 1970 when Fritz Fell was brought on board to start a men’s basketball program. Al Bortke succeeded Fell in 1973 as the men’s basketball coach and athletic director and over the next 36 years would develop an athletic program that enjoyed tremendous success at the NAIA level and later in NCAA Division II. After achieving a record of 335-156 in 16 years as the men’s basketball coach that included 11 20-win seasons, Bortke became U-Mary’s first full-time athletic director in 1989. During Bortke’s tenure, U-Mary grew from one varsity sport (men’s basketball) to 19, as the Marauders athletic program became a national power in the NAIA. A member of both the Marauders and NAIA athletic halls of fame, Bortke spearheaded the University of Mary’s move to NCAA Division II.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link:https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
We welcome your interest in joining the University of Mary. To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com or mail to University of Mary, Attn: Human Resources, 7500 University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Equal Opportunity Employer