POSITION CODE: 4005
DEPARTMENT: PE & Athletics
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, 10 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2018
POSTING DATE: March 30, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Assistant Men's & Women's Swim and Dive Coach is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics and the Bulldog swim and dive program. The Assistant Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. The Assistant Coach will serve the Head Coach and the swim and dive program as a recruiter as well as on deck instruction, as assigned, assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Men's & Women's Swim and Dive program.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a recruiter for the Men's & Women's Swim and Dive program
• Identify, evaluate and recruit qualified prospective student-athletes
• Maintain effective communication with prospective student-athletes and Admissions Office
• Assisting with on-deck coaching, training and skill development.
• Arrange and conduct on and off campus visits with prospective student-athletes
• Plan, execute and maintain all aspects of the programs social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Scouting of opponents and preparation of scouting reports for head coach and team members.
• Run and co-ordinate elite camps and high school tournaments on campus.
• Teach physical education activity courses in accordance with assigned load during the academic year.
• Accept a collateral assignment (i.e.,assist with game management, admin responsibilities, student-athlete education, etc.) within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
• Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree and have a minimum of three years of swim and dive coaching experience, and possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University; and have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting.
To apply: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at http://apptrkr.com/1197874.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/. SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER