Reports to: Director of Athletics
Job Summary: Direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the College’s aquatics facilities; serve as the Head Coach for the College’s men’s and women’s swimming teams.
Duties and Responsibilities as Director of Aquatics:
· Schedule practices and competition times for four of the College’s Division I teams: Men’s swimming and diving; Women’s swimming and diving; Men’s Water Polo, and: Women’s Water Polo;
· Schedule aquatics physical activity courses; schedule the use of aquatics facilities for students, employees, community and other outside groups;
· Coordinate and schedule facilities lifeguard coverage and the training of student lifeguards;
· Ensure that the College’s aquatics facilities, including the pool, are always in excellent operational condition;
· Coordinate the submission of facilities supply orders and requests for cleaning as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities as Head Swimming Coach:
· Recruitment, instruction, development and competitive coaching of student-athletes;
· Team scheduling and travel coordination;
· Supervision of three part-time assistant coaches (one for the men’s team, one for the women’s team, and one diving coach);
· Representing and promoting each team within the established policies and guidelines of the College, applicable athletic conferences and the NCAA;
· Must at all times have a dedicated commitment to the success of student-athletes, as well as a working knowledge of, and commitment to, compliance with College and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Three years as a swimming coach;
- Certifications in the use CPR and AED use;
- Organizational experience, preferably in an aquatics facility and personnel management environment;
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and the ability to pass the annual NCAA Coaches' Certification Exam.
Interested applicants can apply by clicking here.
About St. Francis College:
For over 150 years, the mission of St. Francis has been to provide an affordable, quality education to working class people who otherwise may not be able to attend college. St. Francis College is a private, independent, co-educational urban college whose Franciscan and Catholic traditions underpin its commitment to academic excellence, spiritual and moral values, physical fitness, social responsibility and life-long learning. We educate the whole person for a full, relational life, developing the students' talents and abilities for meaningful, fulfilling careers, as well as for collaborative, service-oriented leadership.
The College strives to offer ample opportunities for students to immerse themselves in the intellectual, cultural and professional opportunities afforded by New York City and to serve the needs of the local community in which they live and study. Our location in Brooklyn Heights provides a confluence of cultures and religious beliefs, mirroring our commitment to maintain and celebrate our diverse student body.
St. Francis College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer and we are strongly committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty, students, and the curriculum. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.