Brown University invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming. Assist the Head Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach in all phases (coaching, recruiting and administrative duties) of the women’s swimming & diving program. This includes recruiting, video analysis, coaching, and administrative duties such as maintaining logs and other compliance information. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, including teaching, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. Assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University. The position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top women’s swimmers to our Division I non-scholarship program.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and
regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches
Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· One to three years coaching experience at the collegiate and/or high school/club level; collegiate coaching experience
· Competitive collegiate swimming experience, preferred
· Ability to recruit within and knowledge & understanding of NCAA and Ivy League rules.
· Strong organizational; writing; interpersonal; oral communication, and computer skills needed.
· Knowledge and experience with word, excel, power point, video editing software, and social media (facebook, twitter, etc.) preferred.
· Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and ability to coach and motivate.
· The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Katherine-Moran-Coleman-Aquatic-Center/Assistant-Coach--Women-s-Swimming_REQ145189
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.