Trinity College in Hartford CT, an NCAA Division III, liberal arts and science college in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), is seeking to fill a full time assistant coach for both our men’s and women’s swimming & diving teams.
DUTIES: This position will assist the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach in all phases (coaching, recruiting and administrative duties) of the men’s and women’s swimming & diving program. This includes recruiting, video analysis, coaching, and administrative duties within the department. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the team, including teaching, coaching and fundraising activities; provide support for the vision and strategies of the head coach. The assistant coach will also oversee and serve as Head Coach for the Hartford Master’s Swim program. The assistant coach will be responsible for maintaining professional conduct, positive sportsmanship and acting as a role model for the student-athletes. The candidate must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the College. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current LG/AED/CPR and First Aid certifications (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
The position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top student-athletes to our Division III program.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to three years coaching experience at the collegiate and/or high school/club level; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Competitive collegiate swimming experience.
- Ability to recruit within and knowledge & understanding of NCAA and NESCAC League rules.
- Strong organizational; writing; interpersonal; oral communication, and computer skills needed.
- Knowledge and experience with word, excel, power point, video editing software, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and ability to coach and motivate.
- Ability to teach physical education courses in aquatics preferred.
- Must maintain certification in Lifeguarding, First aid/CPR/AED throughout entire appointment.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Trinity College prior to commencing employment.
· Taxable housing benefit provided by the college
· Medical & Dental Insurance plan for purchase
· 1 meal per day in the dining hall
· Tuition remission to take graduate classes here at Trinity
APPLICATION: All applicants must apply on-line by submitting their resume and cover letter as well as list 3 references. Please address letter of interest, resume, and references to:
Head Swimming Coach
Trinity College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with disabilities should request, in advance, any accommodation in order to participate more fully in the application process.