The Black Hawk Area Swim Team is looking to hire a Full Time Head Coach/Program Director. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our swim team while in line with the BLAST Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website). BLAST trained 220 swimmers last winter and our numbers continue to rise. We currently have 1 Junior National qualifier, 4 Futures qualifiers, and 16 Sectional qualifiers at the senior level.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary, on-deck coach of senior level training groups.
· Increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years and increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
- Supervise and develop assistant coaching staﬀ including:
- coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels;
- oversee group placement and advancement of athletes; and
- serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed;
- Oversee all administrative aspects of team activities, including
- meet selection, planning and registration;
- coordination of home/hosted meets;
- practice scheduling for all training groups;
- maintaining team statistics; and
- team promotion locally and within Iowa LSC;
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-‐oﬃcio member to:
o develop and administer the team budget;
o create and execute a shared vision for BLAST’s growth and success;
o and communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes, and parents.
· Establish a local presence and reputation within ISI, the Central Region, and USA Swimming via clinics, volunteering, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with BLAST parents, including parent education/activities with volunteer parents.
· Must be able to show unwavering support and the belief in program structure as a whole, the philosophies of BLAST, and be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
- 5+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club;
- ASCA Level 3 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred;
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staﬀ;
- All certiﬁcations current and in good standing with USA Swimming or required prior to starting;
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
- Proven success coaching, motivating, and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through national level;
- Proven capability to develop talent at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Clear, cooperative, and tactful communication style;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect and integrity;
- A passion for competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole;
- Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify.
Salary range - $45,000 – 50,000.
Will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
All applications will be held in conﬁdence. Application review will begin May, 2018.
How to apply:
Send resume with at least three references and a cover letter of interest to Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com.
Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com